While enjoying your birdwatching trip to Australia and taking in the sights and sounds of such species as the Western Corellas, the Western Spinebill, and the Scarlet Robin all the problems and stresses of life will melt away. You wont think about your cubicle at work or sitting in waiting room chairs at the doctors office (or waiting chairs at the dentist), it's just you and the birds.
Australia & Papua New Guinea (independent trip)
- Highlights: Almost too many to mention, as both countries have a wealth of beautiful, distinctive, rare and sought-after birds, of which we saw many....Remco Hofland reports.
Australia - the West, the South and Tasmania
- This 10 week trip was primarily intended as a birdwatching trip and we wanted to see as many of the possible birds as we could, we also wanted to walk, photograph and explore, and to experience the varied scenery and habitats, and especially the flowers which these parts of Australia offer....Rosemary and Peter Royle report.
Birding the mallee, including
victoria, South Australia and New South Wales
- I started with an early morning visit to the legendary
Nowingi track. The Nowingi track is the key stakeout for Mallee
Emu Wren and Striated Grasswren. I spent a good 5 hours searching
and had no luck with either...Duan Biggs reports.
and Northern Territories)
- In summer of 2006 we took
a long-delayed trip to Australia, a continent which had beckoned
for a number of years. This trip focused on the NE (Queensland)
and the Top End (Northern Territories)...Gail
Mackiernan and Barry Cooper report.
(Darwin, Cairns, Melbourne, Brisbane)
Zimmer and I recently spent 21 days of intense birding in the
vicinity of Darwin, Cairns, Melbourne and Brisbane. We
made all of our own arrangements via the internet – accommodations,
transportation, and guides. We saw
a bit over 400 species during our stay, most new to us...Ed
Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory and South Australia
- The first month was spent around the south-east of Australia with the move north towards Queensland not taking place until early January. Thereafter, the route took us north to Cairns, then west to Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory, south through Alice Springs/Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Adelaide and finally east back to Sydney....Stephen Mawby reports
- Birding in Australia is very rewarding and not too difficult. There are few species that pose identification problems and there are a significant number of really delightful, beautifully marked and brightly coloured birds. Birding in NE Queensland was particularly enjoyable due to the availability of bird guides and accommodation specifically aimed at birders....Clare Moger reports.
Australia (and Malaysia)
- In August 2000 myself and my parents travelled to Australia. As an introduction to foreign birdwatching it was fantastic all round. Great birds, animals, food and people made it a wonderful experience. The main target birds were centred around spectacle rather than rarity, so birds such as Noisy and Rainbow Pittas, Golden, Satin and Regent Bowerbirds, Wedge-tailed Eagle, Australian Bustard, Wandering Albatross and lots of parrots were high on the want list...Saul Cowen reports from the Northern Territories, New South Wales and Queensland (with a brief stopover in Malaysia)
- Three weeks touring Australia, gave Tony Clarke and party 390 species. Here is his detailed itinerary and species list.
- This report by Tony Clarke, is dedicated to the memory of Phoebe Snetsinger, for whom this was to be her final complete trip. In all they saw some 365 species including some very elusive species of Owl.
- Observations were based on three centres;Sydney, New South Wales– 11th-18th August. Cairns, Queensland – 18th-24th August Darwin, Northern Territory.-.24th-30th August.... Ernest and Joan Garcia report
- This trip was organised to find 29 species which my travelling companion, Phoebe Snetsinger, had not seen on her previous visits to this country....In the end, after 39 days birding, some396 species were seen. Tony Clarke reports.
Accommodation for Birders in Australia
- Twitchers retreat in Brisbane, Australia. Bed and breakfast at Bandicoot Bottom - a great location for city, coastal and country accessibility. Awaken to the raucous dawn chorus of sulphur crested cockatoos and kookaburras and stay amongst abundant and varied local birdlife.