Birds of the Indian subcontinent
- This highly recommended field guide covers all the bird species found in India, Pakistian, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and the Maldives. The plates face the descriptions and maps for quick at-a-glance reference. Many of the plates have been repainted for this edition and a number of new species added. This guide also provides tables, summarising identification features of particularly difficult groups such as nightjars, warblers and rosefinches.
Where to watch birds in Asia
This guide to birdwatching in Asia
deals with over 250 sites in detail, and more in passing,
from Turkey to Thailand and India to Indonesia. It is
designed as much for pre-planning birding trips as for
use in the country or countries on the itinerary. The
countries are dealt with alphabetically and after a general
introduction, there are site details, which include a
list of birds to be seen, organized under the headings
"Endemics", "Specialities" and "Others";
a list of "Other Wildlife" is also included
where there is something of particular interest.
A Photographic guide to India (including
Nepal and Bhutan.)
- This is the most comprehensive photographic
guide to the birds of India and the Indian subcontinent.
Never before have so many of the region's species been illustrated
in one book. This is an essential volume for all birdwatchers
and wildlife enthusiasts as well as for anyone traveling
to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Pakistan, Bangladesh,
Birds of Bhutan
- A guide to the ornithology of Bhutan, a
country of great physical beauty and, unusually, one with much
of its primary forest intact. It covers all 555 species regularly
recorded in the country and includes a list of vagrants.
A Guide to the Birds of India, Pakistan,
Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives
- A comprehensive and up-to-date identification
guide to birds of the Indian subcontinent. The first 300 pages
is comprised of facing pages of color illustrations and short
articles of the several birds shown, with page references to the
fuller articles further in the volume.
Recommended travel books for Bhutan:
Lonely Planet : Bhutan
- This travel guide to Bhutan includes a chapter
on trekking by one of the region's most experienced trekkers.
There is an illustrated section on Bhutan's ancient Buddhist culture,
and special features on national parks and the environment.