A Guide to the Birds of Fiji and Western Polynesia: Including American Samoa, Niue, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Wallis and Futuna:
- Much more than just a simple field-guide, this book is an excellent, in-depth overview of the avifauna of Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Niue, Wallis & Futuna, Tuvalu and Tokelau. While the comprehensive colour plates make it a perfect field-guide for twitchers, it also contains a wealth of information on the ecology, status, and distribution of the region's birds.
Fiji's natural heritage (Hardcover)
- Very good book on all aspects of Fijian natural history. Highly recommended.
Where to watch birds in Australasia
- The fourth guide in a series covering
birdwatching sites in the great continents. It describes
almost 150 sites in detail and many more in passing. It's
primary aim is to help birders make the most of their trips,
detailing the endemic and "special" birds to be found at
each site as well as the more common and "usual" species.
Countries are treated alphabetically, with all the practical
information required to make the most of a trip and to avoid
wasted time. Included are detailed maps and line drawings
A Field Guide to the Birds of Hawaii
and the Tropical Pacific
- Pratt, Bruner, and Dickinson have produced
a superb field guide completely covering all the islands
of the tropical Pacific from Hawai'i west through Micronesia.
This is a true field guide: it gives the field marks of
every species, notes problems in identification with special
emphasis on distinguishing similar species, and wastes no
space on matters not related to identification.
Birds of the Solomons, Vanuatu
& New Caledonia
- Situated in the Southwest Pacific,
this region boasts a colourful and intriguing range of birds.
Of the 362 species covered, 117 are endemics. The colour
plates in this guide which is primarily intended for field
use depict every species, showing plumages, races and colour
morphs, and there are 340 colour distribution maps. The
facing-page layout, with colour plates opposite the relevant
species descriptions, makes at-a-glace reference easy for
anyone interested in the birdlife of the Pacific
Recommended travel books for Fiji:
The Fiji Handbook
- A guide to traveling in the Fiji Islands
includes an introduction to Fiji's history and culture and
provides advice on shopping, entertainment, recreation,
accommodations, restaurants, and sight-seeing.
Lonely Planet: Fiji
- This book of information gives details about
Fiji such as its size, its origins, its indigenous mammals and
a guide to Fijian language as well as essentials on how to get
around, places to visit and activities, and where to stay.