||Norther Himalaya, Uttaranchal, Corbett, Kaladhungi,
Naini Tal, New Delhi
||Rajasthan, Bharatpur, Western Himalaya
|North East India
||West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Darjeeling, Lava
||Goa, Backwoods, Western Ghats
|Southern India (this
||Kerala, Andaman Islands,Mysore,Cochin, Tamil
- India is a country which contiues to amaze and enthrall the world as it unfolds its tremendous cultural and Natural treasures. India Footprints caters to clients who want responsible tourism. We help and support Orphanage house. When you take a tour with India Footprints it is not only about tourism, you contribute to Environment, the Nature & the Wildlife. We cater for Tailormade or customized tours.
Southern India and the Andamans
- Half a dozen Black Kites soaring over the runway at Mumbai airport on the look out for road kill, seemed a little disconcerting as we waited for a domestic flight south to Kochi...Chris Hall reports.
South Andaman, and general information on birding the Andaman Islands. November 25th-28th 2010
- The birds of the Andamans are relatively poorly known but taxonomists seem agreed that the Andamans have 14 more or less endemic species, all but one of which can be seen on South Andaman...Steve Lister reports.
India Trip Report
- We spent 10 days from December 25 through
January 4 in Kerala (and briefly Tamil Nadu), India with
the dual objectives of relaxing and searching for Southern
Indian specialty birds. The trip was organized for two of
us by Kalypso
Adventures. Kalypso provided excellent service as
did our birding guide....Mark Giordano
reports for Kerala
- The birding was great and the trip both enjoyable and a real success in terms of species found. Kerala is a fabulous part of India, combining excellent scenery and easy birding with a relaxed ambience and sensational food...Oscar Campbell reports.
South India - The Western Ghats
- This was a short trip of just 7 days and aimed at seeing as many of the endemic species as possible plus a good range of South Indian birds. We did a standard loop from Cochin taking in the Bird Sanctuary in Thattekkad, Munnar, the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Ooty, Sighur Ghat and river, a small bit of Masinagudi and finally the Koele wetland near Thrissur before heading back to Cochin...Stuart White reports.
- We saw lots of birds around Cloud
9 and during the journey; Nilgiri Woodpigeon, White-browed
Wagtail, Red-whiskered Bulbul, Pied Bushchat, Long-tailed
Shrike, Shikra (we did stop for us all to see this new bird),
Green Bee-eater, Indian Pond Heron and House Crow...Richard
India - Shamirpet Lake and Rollapadu Wildlife Sanctuary,
- There is good birding around Hyderabad,
in particular at the Rollapadu Sanctuary. A number of central
India dry-country specialties can be found...Gary
and Marlene Babic report.
Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
- The tour was specifically designed
to sight as many as possible of the 16 endemics of the Western
Ghats and the more than 500 species of birds in the peninsula.
It included 13 days of intense birding which covered the
Dr Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary at Thattekkad, the highlands of Munnar
and Ooty, Indira Gandhi Wildlife
sanctuary at Top Slip, the scrub forests at Masinagudi and the
wetlands at Ranganthittu and Kokre Bellur near Mysore...Rod
and Jeanie Atkins report.
- Thattekkad is really God's special gift to
Kerala and birders all over the world. However, it has not
received the publicity it deserves. The area holds potentials
for attracting at least a few thousand birders from the world
over, but no birding magazine I have seen carry even a single
report or even advertisement about this birding haven....K
Koshy reports for Kerala
- All in all it was an excellent trip. We
thoroughly recommend the company we used. Kerala is definitely
a very good place for birders. Guides are hard to find although
we did have a good one in Periyar. Plenty of research needs to
be done in advance if birding independently...John Kirby
India: The Andaman
- The Andaman Islands have 11 endemics. In
addition, the local Oriental Scops-owl has a call unlike any other
Oriental Scops-owl and may be a new species, and the local White-rumped
Shama is also quite distinctive with a white breast. Of the endemics,
we saw Andaman Serpent-eagle, Andaman Wood-pigeon...Gary and
Marlene Babic report.
Southwest India - Endemics
and specialties of Western Ghats
- This trip aimed at seeing all Western Ghats
endemics, as well as a number of endemics of the Indian Subcontinent.
Kolbjørn (KS) had previously visited Sri Lanka, but this was our
first trip to India. We planned our itinerary solely using the
eminent guide book, and opted for a loop starting in Cochin, driving
northwards along the Ghats, then to Mysore and back along the
coast to Cochin.....Kolbjørn Schjølberg reports.