Some short overviews of the Ebro
de Creus, Garraf
Delta, Aigüamolls de L’Empordá
Oliva Rama Tours and Holidays
- Being based on the east
coast of Spain I run half & full day tours, plus a
popular 'short break' birdwatching around the
Valencia, Alicante, & Albacete Regions. In
addition to the locally run birdwatching tours we also
have all-inclusive birdwatching holidays to other areas
of Spain including Andalusia, Castilla la Mancha & Extremadura,
Pyrenees & N/E Spain, and the Picos de Europa. Our
WP tour programme is currently limited to Lithuania,
Latvia & Estonia, Southern Morocco and Scotland,
but we have plans to expand to Bulgaria, Poland
and the Azores.
Catalunia and North West Spain
- Stephen had done much research in advance of our arrival and as such was quite confident that our bird would show up. About five minutes later, as predicted, he spotted our quarry a stunning Wallcreeper....John Fox reports.
- We walked up to a viewpoint next to the visitor centre to find several pairs of re-introduced Red-knobbed Coots...Clive and Jack Oldham report.
RSPB Aberdeen Local Group Catalunya Trip
- Our trip to the Ebro Delta, Els Ports Mountains and the Lleida Steppes of Catalunya was timed to coincide with the start of the bird breeding season and at the same time pick up migrant passerines and waders, passing North through the delta area....Hilary MacBean reports.
Birding in Catalonia
- Back to Aiguamolls, and here we picked up Water Pipit before the first star bird of the day when not one but five Honey Buzzards passed overhead with many Pallid Swifts...Frank Mawby reports.
- On our return journey we managed to pick up Caspian Tern-another lifer for me, an Osprey fishing and slender billed gull...Jonathan Prochera reports.
La Pineda, Costa Dorada.
- Typical birds of the fields and hill slopes were Whinchat, Woodlark, Subalpine, Sardinan warblers. And the small valleys held a profusion of Melodious and Cetti’s Warblers...Derek Lister reports.
Murcia and Alicante
- Driving the 60k to our house in Fortuna, north of Murcia,where we stayed for the five days.The area looks very barren at first glance, but to the East of the main E15 dual carriageway, lies the fertile, green area of El Hondo,with it’s pools and marshes. I was to visit here next day...Alan Jack reports.
- This is less a
commentary on the practicalities of bird-watching from Barcelona,
reflecting my experience on a recent short break in Catalonia...Graeme
Murcia - A short overview, Brendan
- The following day we went to the Lleida steppes and had stunning
views of Pin Tailed Sandgrouse amongst Stone Curlews surrounded
by flocks of Calandra Larks...Jan Scheeres reports
Roses, North East Spain
There were many highlights during the holiday, but perhaps the best bird for me was one, possibly two, Alpine Accentors seen at around 2500m at Nuria. At that height, I also had good close views of Griffon Vultures overhead, but disappointingly no Lammergeiers....Colin Davies reports.
The Ebro Delta, Spain
and the Ile de Re, France
- During May we made a trip to France
and northeast Spain, partly business, partly birding; there
was no rigid birding itinerary. The Ebro Delta was the only
site we had definitely planned to visit. In the event, we
managed to squeeze in a fair amount of birding, including
a few days at the Ile de Re, a large island in the Bay of
Biscay...Nick Ransdale reports
Spicing up a trip to Barcelona
- The Llobregat Delta
- The Llobregat Delta is adjacent to Barcelona
International airport and is probably the best option for birdwatchers
staying in Barcelona with a few hours to spare....Chris
Ogston Bird Club, Spanish Pyrenees-Belchite-Ebro
- To Belchite for 0600 hrs and our date with
Dupont's Lark. Immediately we opened the car doors we heard them
calling. We had distant views but they were almost impossible
to locate, I think they have burrows. An amazing experience listening
to this very rare bird...Richard Wesley reports